Sculptural Wild Weaving with Metals is tutored by Alysn Midgelow Marsden. for more information about Alysn, visit www.alysnmidgelowmarsden.com
Sculptural Wild Weaving with Metals, using a selection of metal shims (thin metal) and wires (including domestically available reclaimed options) you will learn to colour, to emboss and texture and then to weave to create a wonderfully textured and manipulable woven surface. Incorporate beads or found objects and scraps of fabrics or threads.
Dates, please take careful note
Tuesday 7th November 2023 from 10.00 until 16.00
Sculptural Wild Weaving with Metals fee is £120. You should pay the deposit of £60 to secure your place. On receipt of the deposit you will receive a confirmation email. The balance should be paid two weeks before the start of the course
for more information about classes held here at the Granary Studio, please visit www.granarystudio.com/classes
Resources, please bring
£7.00 per student for shared materials and basic starter pack.
Metals and metal cloth, a selection of wires and beads, embossing tools, embossing mats, masking tape, weaving materials, gas stove, alcohol inks, instructions.
- A4 paper.
- Paper scissors
- Embossing tools or ‘dead’ biro (I have several to share)
- A pair of small pliers
- A selection of beads, in a range of sizes and shapes
- Any craft or recycled wires you have in copper or aluminium from 0.2mm to approx. 1mm.
- Any metal shims you have, such as copper, aluminium, pewter or recycled metals such as puree tubes or aluminium baking trays or drinks cans.
- Any metal cloth you have.
(The amounts of materials you use will depend on the piece you create.)
- If you want to add papers/fabrics or other found materials into your weaving, bring things along and we can discuss how you might use them.
Log in if you already have an account with us.