welcome to all that is happening around me
Susan Chapman is an artist who works mainly with printed and stitched textiles.
She exhibits and teaches both nationally and internationally, also at her home studio, the Granary Studio. She judges at a number of festivals internationally and is currently in the process of writing a series of three books.
Susan’s work is concerned with all aspects of being human. how people interact with each other and the world around them… a current focus is on the ageing process, her hands are causing problems and she is considering and exploring the sense of touch.
She draws, her sketchbooks are crucial to her practice, and inform all her textiles work.
She belongs to two groups of artists, which are listed in alphabetical order :-
(these links will take you to the group websites for further information)
Why not visit her shop, where you can find not only her books, and gift vouchers, but also pieces of her textile art on sale.
Last but not least, why not check out the Granary Studio where you can find details of classes run from her studio that is located in the pretty village of Owslebury. They specialise in small classes with experienced tutors.
Susan teaches printmaking, screen printing and stitch and also has a talented group of visiting tutors, among them are:-
- Amanda Hislop who teaches sensitive landscapes
- Clare Bullock who teaches feltmaking
- Caroline Bell who teaches eco-printing and dyeing
- Debbie Lyddon who teaches exploration of place
- Linda Miller teaching Pictorial Machine Embroidery
- Kate Findlay teaching bonded Applique Pictorial Quilted pieces
- Amanda Clayton teaches her exquisite hand stitch on fabulous sheer fabrics
- Alysn Midgelow Marsden works with metals, metal fabrics and stitch
- Jenny O’Leary teaches her contemporary Wax Resist techniques
- Wendy Dolan will teach machine embroidery based on Gustav Klimt
- Alice Fox will teach her natural techniques
- Susie Chaikin teaches her contemporary mosaic techniques
That makes 13 of us bringing a broad range of creative classes to the Granary Studio. There is a complete timetable available, offering a range of classes that can be year long or just one day workshops. Follow the links to the calendar for more details.