A mix of cotton, linen and viscose threads all dyed in the same dyebath. Each fibre takes the dye differently, creating subtle variation. With the exception of chunky chenille, these threads are not available as individual skeins.
Contents will vary – threads will be selected at random from:
- chunky cotton chenille
- fine cotton chenille
- wide viscose ribbon
- narrow viscose ribbon
- fine linen slub
- linen mix boucle
- fine cotton, linen or viscose threads for stitching
Length: 5 x 10m
Please select your colours using the drop-down list (the image will change accordingly). DO NOT RELY ON the pictures for selection, as the name may not be displayed correctly on all devices, and you may receive the wrong thread colour!
Please note: Our threads are thoroughly washed after dyeing to remove all residual dye but we cannot guarantee that they are 100% colourfast. We recommend you use a colour-catcher if washing.
We try to show our colours online as accurately as possible but please be aware that different monitors can display colours differently.
Shipping & Returns
From 1st January 2021 until further notice we will deliver to addresses in the UK only. This is because EU tax and customs charges post Brexit would make items prohibitively expensive for our customers outside the UK.
As we are a very small business we will pack and ship orders twice a week, usually on Monday and Thursday excluding bank holidays.
Your order will be sent to the address you have entered under the ‘shipping address.’ We cannot accept responsibility for missing parcels due to incorrect or incomplete delivery information. If a parcel is returned to us as undeliverable due to your address error we can re-send your item but there will be an additional delivery charge.
All UK orders will be shipped by Royal Mail first class post (under £20 value) or Royal Mail signed for (over £20 value).
Postage costs (UK):
- all orders under £20 value: £3.50
- all orders between £20.0 and £50 value: £4.70
- all orders over £50 value: £5.50
If you live close to the studio you are very welcome to collect your order in person. Please select the pick-up option on the shipping form and contact us before visiting the studio to arrange a convenient time.
We use recycled paper and card to pack your parcels. The paper is a by-product of our thread dyeing process.
Some of our outer packaging might be plastic but will always either be recycled by us or, if bought new, made from recycled materials. And recycled bubble wrap makes a great printing tool!
- In the unlikely event that you’re not entirely happy with your purchase from InStitches we will offer a full refund or exchange within 14 days of you receiving the goods, for items which have been purchased at full price.
- If you wish to return or exchange an item it must be returned unused and in its original condition.
- Please return your items in the original packaging with all thread labels and fabric bands still in place, and package them securely to protect them against damage (eg in a waterproof bag).
- If items returned are damaged or in an otherwise unsaleable condition we reserve the right to deduct from your refund a a charge for the reduction in value.
- In your parcel include an explanatory note and your full contact details.
- If the above conditions are met we will refund you within 14 days of receipt of returned goods at our studio.
- We recommend that you obtain a certificate of posting when returning your parcel.
- We regret that postage costs are non-refundable.
- Please contact us by email first so we know to expect your returned order.
- Returned goods should be sent to the following address:
Unit 12, Sunfield Business Park
New Mill Road
Online Live workshops (please see our full Ts & Cs here)
Fourteen-day cooling off period
A fourteen-day cooling off period applies to all bookings made by individuals more than two weeks before the course start date. If you cancel your booking within the fourteen days and have not accessed the paid course content you will be entitled to a full refund of your fee (as per Consumer Protection Regulations). For bookings made via the website, the first day is the day on which the booking form is submitted and your payment is taken.
If you have already accessed some of the course content and change your mind within the fourteen-day period you may be entitled to a proportionate refund, taking into account our admin time and the amount of course content you have used. Your right to cancel during the fourteen-day period will be lost if you access the whole of the workshop content during this time.
For live workshops, if you make a booking on a date less than fourteen days before the start date of the course your right to cancel ceases on day you first access the paid course content.
Other cancellation by student
No refunds of course fees can be made under any other circumstances outside this fourteen-day period or once you have accessed the course content (with exception of the free content).
No reductions or refunds are available for people who wish to start their online live workshop late or leave early.
Transfer of booking
- You can transfer your place on an online live workshop to another person at any point before it starts. Please email us to let us know that person’s details so we can send them the joining instructions.
- You can transfer to a different online or online live workshop taking place within one calendar year, subject to availability. For online live workshops you can transfer up to one calendar month before the start of the workshop for which you originally booked. If the new workshop has a higher price you will need to pay any difference.
- Your fee cannot be transferred or refunded if you need to cancel or transfer, for whatever reason, less than one calendar month before the start of an online live workshop (unless you are in the fourteen-day cooling off period).
Workshop fees do not include cancellation insurance. We recommend that you take out insurance in case you need to cancel your workshop due to unforeseen circumstances. Our refund policy applies in all circumstances: refunds will not be given unless InStitches cancels the workshop, or you are within the fourteen-day cooling off period (see above).
This cancellation and returns policy does not affect your statutory rights under the Distance Selling Regulations e.g. if the goods are faulty or not as described.