welcome to all that is happening around me
I am an artist who works mainly with printed and stitched textiles.
I exhibit and teach both nationally and internationally, also at my home studio, the Granary Studio. I judge at a number of festivals internationally and am currently in the process of writing a series of three books.
My work is concerned with people’s relationship with each other and also with their environment. I draw, my sketchbooks are crucial to my practice, and inform all my textiles work.
I belong to several groups of artists, which I have listed in alphabetical order are:-
(these links will take you to the group websites for further information)
Why not visit my shop, where you can find not only my books, but also pieces of my textile art on sale.
Last but not least, why not check out the Granary Studio where you can find details of classes I run from my studio that is located in the pretty village of Owslebury. I specialise in small classes with experienced tutors.
I teach printmaking, screen printing and stitch and also have a talented group of visiting tutors, among them are:-
- Amanda Hislop who teaches sensitive landscapes
- Clare Bullock who teaches feltmaking
- Caroline Bell who teaches eco-printing and dyeing
- Debbie Lyddon who teaches exploration of place
- Linda Miller teaching Pictorial Machine Embroidery
- Kate Findlay teaching bonded Applique Pictorial Quilted pieces
- Amanda Clayton teaches her exquisite hand stitch on fabulous sheer fabrics
- Sue Dove teaches explosions of colour through collage and hand stitch, and Contemporary Ragrugging
- Alysn Midgelow Marsden works with metals, metal fabrics and stitch
- Jenny O’Leary teaches her contemporary Wax Resist techniques
- Wendy Dolan will teach machine embroidery based on Gustav Klimt
- Alice Fox will teach her natural techniques
- Susie Chaikin teaches her contemporary mosaic techniques
That makes 14 of us bringing a broad range of creative classes to the Granary Studio. There is a complete timetable available, offering a range of classes that can be year long or just one day workshops. Follow the links to the calendar for more details.