Tutor Kim Thittichai
To Return to the Granary Studio timetable please click here
Explore the possibilities of transfer paints and crayons, creating startling colours on synthetics and more subtle effects on naturals. We will try resists, overprinting, layering and various ways of applying paint and crayons. Build a portfolio of delicious samples on an amazing array of fabrics.
We may have time to stich so I have added threads to the list.
Experience level: Any
Class fees: £110
Class size: 6 spaces maximum
Students may also sign up for Surfaces Plus! Friday 9 June 2017 10.00-16.00
• White or cream synthetic fabrics. A selection would be good – satin, crepe, velvet. 3m in all. (acrylic, polyester, nylon, acetate)
• 1/4m of calico washed and ironed. (optional)
• Seeds, skeleton leaves, grasses, scrap paper. Paper doileys, lace. To use as resists.
• Latex gloves, apron, jam jar or similar for water.
• Fabric and paper scissors.
• Needles and embroidery threads.
• 1 roll of baking parchment. You will need a whole roll!
• Any old printed paper bags you have collected. The cheap kind that you get at shows with a serrated edge on the top of the bag.
• 10 sheets of computer/copy paper.
• A selection of paint brushes from ¼” down.
• ¼ metre Bondaweb*.
I will provide soldering irons and stands and irons for the group
I will also provide all the paints and crayons for which there will be a charge of £3 per students.
Any questions – Email email@example.com