Information Sheet NUNO Felt Tutor Clare Bullock
To Return to the Granary Studio timetable please click here
Experience level: Any
Class fees: £90 A deposit of £50 will secure your place, with the balance to be paid when the course begins
Class size: 6-8
Dates: Friday 22 July-Saturday 23 July 2016
Additional information: Further classes from Clare are in the pipeline, or look at out timetable for other classes that might take your fancy
Requirement list for Nuno Wet Felting
Please bring all of the items below :-
NB. Clare will have merino fibres for sale and will bring bamboo blinds, decorators plastic and bubble wrap
Bamboo blind – 60cm to 80cm wide with all fixtures and fittings removed and re-tied.
- Bubble wrap – Minimum 1m (small bubbles)
- Decorators plastic – 1m
- Basic sewing kit
- Fabric & paper scissors
- Tape Measure
- Plastic milk bottle with holes in the lid – For applying water to your project.
- Merino tops – Enough for your project in your choice of colours.
- Fancy yarns and silk threads which you may wish to incorporate
- A selection of lightweight fabrics such as silk chiffon, georgette, silk gauze, cotton muslin, loom state muslin (scrim) and rayon.
- Olive oil or vegetable oil soap
A note about the fabric –
It is important to use a light weight loosely woven fabric, the best kind of weaves for Nuno are silk chiffon, georgette, cotton scrim, muslin cheesecloth and light weight cottons. Silk headscarves with a pattern is fine, the fabric does not need to be plain! Have a look in charity shops or TKmax, as they all have a good selection usually. Indian scarves are also light weight and lovely to felt. If you have any problems with this then please give me a call or send me an email .
I look forward to working with you, Clare