Information Sheet Draw for Stitch Tutor Amanda Hislop
To Return to Amanda’s classes please click here
Free up and develop line drawing skills working through a series of simple drawing tasks exploring mark making as a creative tool to develop stitch language in free machine stitch techniques.
Class fees: £150 A deposit of £75 will secure your place, with the balance to be paid when the course begins
Class size: 6 max
Dates: 2 days Sat/Sun 7&8 September ’19 10.00-16.00
Additional information: Please bring your own Lunch, but teas, coffee and biscuits are available throughout the day. please note there is no shop in the village
Draw to stitch, stitch to draw; develop free machine stitch skills through a series of experimental drawing and stitch samples, to increase confidence in the use of line as a language for stitch development in mixed media textiles.
We will consider what stitches can do; can the stitch be overlapped, worked in a line, worked in circles, in blocks, worked in several directions, in layers, be tight or loose, hold down threads or fabrics.
Skills and techniques:
* Mark making and drawing language
* Drawing with free machine stitch
Students – please bring with you:
* Sewing machine with drop feed and darning or embroidery foot
* Black, grey and neutral machine thread
* Spare machine needles
* Drawing pens and sketchbook
Materials provided by tutor:- The approximate cost of these will be £5 per student.
* Cotton rag paper
* Calico and cotton for stitch samples
* Paper and Vilene for backing stitch
* Drawing paper
* Tools for mark making
* Payne’s grey acrylic
* Pencils and biros
* Black ink
* Sketchbooks and mark making resources
* Threads for couching and adding layers