Information Sheet Summer in Mixed Media Tutor Amanda Hislop
To Return to Amanda’s classes please click here
Take the colours and textures of summer, blue skies, grasses, flowers and seed heads as a subject for layered mixed media surfaces. Work with collage techniques to incorporate a range of papers and fibres, adding texture to the surface. Explore ways of working with texture colour and line to create layers and depth.
Class fees: £150 A deposit of £75 will secure your place, with the balance to be paid when the course begins
Class size: 6 max
Dates: 2 days Thu/Fri 6&7 Jun ’19 10.00-16.00
Additional information: Please bring your own Lunch, but teas, coffee and biscuits are available throughout the day. please note there is no shop in the village
Taking inspiration from summer landscapes and gardens; if the weather permits we can use the garden at Granary Studio. Select and simplify personal imagery to make surfaces for mixed media and stitch using layering and painterly techniques. Create the soft and subtle colours of an English summer using a limited palette in acrylic paint, worked in a variety of methods to create depth and texture within the composition. Use a combination of painted line, threads and fibres to add texture and interest to the composition creating a unique piece of work or series of working samples.
* Select, simplify and compose.
* Collage techniques
* Use of palette knives, brushes and print blocks to apply paint
* Use of papers and fibres to alter the surface and add definition
* Colour mixing using a selected palette
Please bring with you:
* a selection of brushes for use with acrylic paint
* a sketchbook/notebook and pencil/pen for notes and compositional development
* apron or overall; please wear suitable clothing
Materials provided by tutor. The approximate cost of these will be £5.
* Sketchbooks and resources, samples etc.
* A3 paper
* Muslin and calico
* Tea bag and conservation tissue
* Bag threads and fibres
* Cellulose paste- cmc thickener
* Thermo gauze
* Acrylic paint and mediums