Information Sheet Developing Sketchbooks as a Rich Resource
Tutor Amanda Hislop
To Return to the Granary Studio timetable please click here
A creative workshop working with a free approach to generating ideas through a working sketchbook, exploring abstract ideas and personal themes relating to land and seascapes. Explore mark making to develop exciting sketchbook pages, work with loose marks on paper with drawn lines, resist wash and layered tissue to develop a surface to fragment creating a series of abstract images. Experiment with layering, painterly blending and contrast to generate abstract ideas in mixed media with the option to include hand stitch to further enhance the surface.
Experience level: any
Class fees: £165
Class size: 6-8
Dates: This is a three day course on Thursday 28th Sept 2017, Friday 29th Sept 2017 and Saturday 30 Sept 2017 from 10.00 – 16.00
Additional information: Amanda has materials kits for sale at the workshop
‘Developing sketchbooks as a rich resource….’
Inspirational material relating to land and seascapes.
- A sketchbook and drawing materials of choice, include drawing pens of various thicknesses.
- A collection of brushes and painting tools.
- A variety of needles for hand stitch into paper optional, (threads will be supplied.)
- Cheap baby wipes for cleaning hands etc.
- Apron/overall and plastic gloves if you wish to use them.
- A hairdryer is useful
Papers, threads and art materials and resources for student use will be supplied at a cost of £5 approx.
Feel free to bring any papers or materials you may wish to experiment with.